What do I need to know before traveling to Peru?
Certainly! Traveling to Peru can be an exciting and enriching experience. Here are some things you might want to consider before you go:
1. Entry requirements: Make sure you have a valid passport and any necessary visas or travel documents required for your country. Check with the embassy or consulate of Peru in your home country for more information.
2. Health and safety: Consult with your doctor or a travel health clinic about any necessary vaccinations or precautions you should take before traveling to Peru. It is also important to be aware of safety concerns and to take measures to protect yourself and your belongings while in the country.
3. Climate and weather: Peru has a diverse climate, ranging from tropical rainforest to high altitude desert. Be sure to pack accordingly and check the weather conditions for the areas you will be visiting.
4. Language: The official language of Peru is Spanish, but many people also speak indigenous languages such as Quechua. It may be helpful to learn some basic Spanish phrases before you go.
5. Currency: The currency of Peru is the Peruvian Sol. It's a good idea to have some cash on hand, as some smaller businesses may not accept credit cards. Be sure to notify your bank of your travel plans so that they don't flag your card as fraudulent activity.
6. Attractions: Peru is known for its rich history and cultural heritage, including the ancient ruins of Machu Picchu, the Nazca Lines, and the colonial architecture of cities like Lima and Cusco. There are also many opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, surfing, and wildlife viewing.
7. Food: Peruvian cuisine is diverse and delicious, with influences from indigenous, Spanish, and Asian cultures. Be sure to try local specialties such as ceviche, lomo saltado, and pisco sour..
If you want to live a great experience in Peru, you can book your trip here at Journeyou.com